LX-7 Software Update v4.07 (Release Date. Jan. 20th 2014)
- System requirements – PC only computer with 2.0 USB port and a 2.0 USB cable. Do not attempt upgrade without 2.0 port or cable.
- Save the LX7main.bin file from the MarCum website to your desktop (do not change the file name or extension).
- Plug in a USB 2 cable to your computer. DO NOT plug it into the LX7 display at this point.
- Remove the LX7 display from the gimbal
- Remove the transducer from the LX7 display
- Plug in power to the display from the 12v9amp battery provided with the LX7
- Press and hold the down arrow, continue to hold the down arrow then press and hold the power button together until the screen flashes and you see the LX7 logo appear on the screen.
- Release both buttons, and listen for the chirping. Chirping will remain consistent. If the unit powers off you have held the buttons down too long.
- Plug in the USB cable to the LX7 display (your computer should automatically recognize the external LX7 device). If not go into My Computer and you should see the external LX7 storage device. It could take your computer several minutes to recognize the LX7 storage device.
- Warning: If you see a message stating, "this process could perform faster with USB 2". STOP-- you will need to try a different USB port on your computer until you do not receive this message.
- Drag the file from your desktop to the external LX7 device that popped up on your computer
- Listen for the long steady beep followed by chirping
- When you hear the chirping, safely eject using the "safely remove hardware" icon normally found on the bottom right hand corner of the screen of your computer.
- Power down the LX7 display using the power button
- Replace the rubber USB plug
- Reassemble the LX7
- Go Fish!
This new version (4.07) will update your LX-7 to the most current system performance improvements.
Manual Dynamic Range – Adjustable in one-foot increments.
Transducer offset added in one-inch increments.
Default to 6 color mode.
Download Update file to desktop (LX-7 systems only)